attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thoughtful/Thankful Thursday

These are pictures of me from when I was first gotted. The date was 8/20/2008.



Obviously, I was not as beautiful then as I am now - but who would be after what I went through? I weighed only a few pounds. I was very weak, and it was difficult for me to stand and walk. My tail was broked, which you can not really tell here, but if you look very closely you can kind of see the separation and swelling. My left eye was infected. My ears had mites. My growth was stunted because I was not fed much as a baby, and when I was given cat food it was the senior cat kind, which is used to keep down the weight of older cats - it did not have any nutition for a growing baby Bengal. (As a result of this, even today I am a bit shorter and smaller than a Bengal should be.) Look at my neck; you can see the "collar" I was wearing was just a piece of old leather with holes maked into it, and a thick piece of fencing wire was holding on a questionable bell. My furs were dirty from being uncared for and I was so depressed I had stopped cleaning myself. I was very cranky and scared. I did not make a sound, and I did not want to do anything but lie there on the mysterious nice lady's pretty bed. I was relieved she got me out of the bad place, but I definitely did not trust her, and she did not want to scare me by trying to handle me too soon. So I spent days like this, hiding in or under the bed, and eating a little bit in secret at night when the nice lady was asleep.

After several days, I could not help but come out a little to see what she was about, and then it was love at first snuggle. I attached myself to her like velcro, and I knew she was my real mommeh, and that she would be good to me. I was so happeh! She fatted me up with good foods and nommy treats. She got a brush for my furs and helped me clean up again. She brought me to the kittydocs to get taked care of and it took some time but I got all better. She bought me the first toys I ever had, and I just loved them so much! When I felt better and stronger, I began to meow for the first times, so she meowed back at me and laughed, and showed me it was okay to be loud like a real Bengal should be. My horrible neck-thing was replaced by lovely girly collars that I am proud to wear. I sleep on silk instead of dirty floors. I get tossed lightly onto piles of fluffy pillows, instead of thrown into a glass table - that is what my mommeh saw happen when she was in the bad house, and that is when she grabbed me and ran out! Can you even believe that? I would not believe it if it had not happened to me.

This is me as I was starting to get better. You can see by my neck here that I still had a lot of fatting up to do, but look at the reflection of my face in the window... You can tell I am on my way to becoming a magnificent ladycat, can't you?






And this is me with my very first toy ever. At first I was afraid of it because I had never seen anything like it before, but very fast it became my favorite thing in the world, and soon I got so strong that I broke it into a lot of pieces!


So today is Thoughtful/Thankful Thursday, in honor of my mommeh saving me and loving me. My mommeh does not like to look at these pictures. She says they make her very sad and then she holds me too tight. But I think they are important pictures to have. The only memories I have of the bad place now are these pictures and a bump on my tail from when it was broked.
And that is my beautiful self now! My mommeh says it is like looking at two completely different kittehs. Do you think so too? Now who else has adoption stories? Let's hear them!

(P.S. ---> The answer to yesterday's question was Breakfast At Tiffany's!!! Thanks for guessing, everybuddy, concatulations to those who knew it! Hmm, maybe I will start having a weekly game here, would everybuddy like that?)

22 comments:

  1. Sorry we didn't get to visit yesterday - our the mom would haf known 'acuase that is her furry favorite mofie of all times and she as seed it about a squillion times!

    you poor baby - thrown into a glass table? Fank you MsAttiesMom for rescuing poor Attie.
    Attie, you haf growed up into a beautiful ladycat!
    Let's see, Sammy was finded in the mom's garden as a baby kitten - he was eating a deaded rabbit and was scairt. Grampa Norton (now at the Bridge) finded him and told the mom to 'dopt him. no one claimed him so he gotted to stay. Miles was 'dopted from a friend of the mom's. Billy was finded in a parking lot when he was 6 monfs old - he was blind in one eye from herpes, and prolly would haf goned to the Bridge soon if The Mom didn't open her metal monster wif wheels and say "if you want to come with me, get in" and he ranned to her and gotted in! Nicholas was 'dopted from a breeder - he 'scaped the house and gotted into the critter barn and he gotted sick and then his head gotted tilted almost upside down, so the mom said she would foster him till he gotted better, but his head tilt will not go away, so we gotted to keep him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy are we glad your wonderful mommy rescued you from that horrible situation. You sure have grown into a beautiful ladycat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful story. We are so glad your Mommeh found you and took you away. We have tons of rescue stories here. There are 18 of us and we were all rescued by our Mom because where we were born, no one would feed us. We have told some of our stories on our blog and we love hearing about how lucky you are. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Attie, your story made our human cry. She's so very happy you have a wonderful human mom now, and a GOOD home.

    We all were adopted at various times by our human, but she doesn't know much about our past--and we think it's better she doesn't. We're just happy to be in a good home too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom has leaky eyes after reading your story. She's so happy that you ended up in such a nice and loving forever home.

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attie, I am so very glad that you were rescued from that very, very terrible place you were in at first. Thank Cod!

    I came from a breeder, but Harley was borned in a shelter to a feral mamacat who came in to be spayed and released. Since it turned out she was full term, the vet decided to deliver the babies and do the spay. Harley went straight into foster care, and when he was big enough he came back to the shelter. My Mommeh was a volunteer there and she took care of Harley at the shelter for about 6 months. When my sister Pixie had to go to the Bridge, we decided to adopt Harley! His name at the shelter was "Neptune"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attie, That is some story! As we've said before, your Mommy is a hero!
    Our Snafu has a good rescue story, when you have some time, please come to my blog and click on his picture in the side bar and it will lead to his whole story.
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely gorgeous-it is sad to know your first introduction to the human world was not the happiest-it seems that you have found a home that will love and care for you. I am also a little small-but we think that I was the little runt-my brother is much bigger than me and sometimes forgets this when he plays with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Attie I am so sad that you had to go through such horrible horrible things before you and your mom found each other. And we are so happy that your mom saved you! You are a beautiful girl now!

    We have 4 kitties - one from a pet store (I know I know - it was 13 years ago). One was a kitten that a friend of mine had, and I got the two youngest at the vet - one had been brought in by someone who found him on their doorstep with his sibling (who didn't survive because he/she was attacked) and the other was just left at the vets door in a box (at least they did that and didn't just dump him). Both those two were around 4 weeks old when I brought them home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We too were sad to read about the hard times you went through when you were a tiny girl, but we are s glad you are now so well-loved by a wonderful Mommie, Attie! You are just gorgeous and you deserve to be adored!

    A weekly game would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are sooo happy that your Mom rescued you! What a lucky kitty you are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Smokes Attie Cattie!!! We are so very sorry you had to go through any of that...and we are incredibly glad that your Mom took you and ran!!! No kitty deserves to go thru the nastiness that you did. We are sending some purrs to you and Meowm is sending a big hug to you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Attie. I am very happy you were rescued. You sure are a lucky and beautiful girl. And your blog is wonderful! I also have a velcro cat who I took from a family member. After I took her home, they took the other kittens and dumped them in the woods. I could not save them, but I saved my "Lucky".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Attie my mom and I are soo happy your Mommeh has you! I think I would enjoy clawing the face off the people at the bad place but thats beside the point, even in those early pictures you can see how beautiful you are and are going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great story, and such beautiful pictures! ;-D

    Nikita Cat

    Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat

    http://www.opinionatedpussycat.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What was an abusive idiot like that doing with a kitten? So glad your mom rescued you. You sure are pampered now, but you had a terrible start.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We were very sad to read about the bad start you had in life, but very glad that your mum rescued you. We came from a farm when we were 5 1/2 weeks old. Nothing bad happened to us but we were born and lived in the cowshed. Our mum and dad wanted us for company for their old ladycat who was pining because all her brothers and sisters had died over the years. Tomcats would prowl around the farm all the time, and one used to try and kill the baby kitties, so our mum and dad took us home early with them so we would be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite a story and we're so glad you got found by your real and loving Mom!!! You look so good, and more importantly, you look so very happy. We've all got long stories here so I'll give you the short version, okay? I spent 8 months at Kitten Action Team (all of us came from there except my sister Dolly) in PetSmart, nobody wanted me. I was adopted, but they treated me mean and the KAT ladies came and took me back. My Mom & Dad came and got me right after that. I was a new brother for my brother Ivan who had lost his brother Moses. My brother Ivan (4 yrs old) had a heart attack and died in the middle of the night. I was lonely and still miss him terribly. Sister Sascha was left outside all night in a cage at the same PetSmart, so we adopted her. Then we adopted sisters Gracie & Zoe at the same time from there too. Sister Dolly was dumped in a terrible storm in the badest part of town. She was declawed, alone and scared and survived by eating bugs. We rescued her too. That's the long and short of it, but I do love my sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Attie dear, we're so sorry you had such a terrible beginning.

    But, that's all behind you now, and you've found a wonderful forever home. And...you're on your way to becoming a blogging celebrity!

    Tipper & Misty

    ReplyDelete
  20. We'z so glad yoor mommy grabbed yoo and runned. What kinda monster would throw such a lovely ladycat into a glass table! We was all rescued to, but not dat dramatical, Zippy was 'bandoned and injured and a frend brawt her to mom to get fixed. Sadie had a litter of kittens (her second, da first litter all died) and da same frend and mom trapped her and her kitties and dey all went to da shelter mom was volunteering at. Alla her babies gots 'dopted but Sadie was shy so no one wanted her. Speedy was given to mom and dad by a guy who just couldn't afford his care. He was 8 months old, never gots any shots or nootered or nothing! Besides, he hadded dire rear and da man's mommy din't like dat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Attie, I am so sorry that you had such a rough beginning in life. Your Mom is a heroine for rescuing you. My Mom got me from foster care where I had been for six months. My former family didn't take care of me and I have FeLV and FIV, so no one wanted me until my Mom came along.

    Herman

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Attie! That is terrible! We are sending you tons of purrs that you never remember any of these bad things ever again. Your Mom is so precious to have rescued you!

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*