attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

'Lectricity!

Wow, you guys. I can not believe the crazy stuff that has been happening around here! First off, the powers are finally back - hooray! Took long enough, huh? I have never seen my mommeh so crabilated. I must say I was crabilated too, because whenever my mommeh is crabilated I am crabilated. Sigh. So anyway, let me tell you what happened!

After the storm, the powers just would not go back on, no matter what. It finally came to the point where we had no more munnies to go out to eat, and no more noms for me either! We were moved to desperate measures. We went to stay with Mama! You guys do not know who Mama is, but let me tell you, she is so great and I love her a lot. Mama is my mommeh's grandmother, so I guess technically she is my great-grandmother. She is 91 years old (wowee) and still going strong. She lives about thirty-five minutes away, so my mommeh packed us up and off we went. We stayed in the basement, which is almost like a whole apartment because it has a bedroom, a bathroom with a shower, a fridge, microwave, and cable tv! We spent lots of time with Mama and it was like a vacation for me, but not for my mommeh since she still had to go to work. To ease the pain though, Mama made her big pitchers of something called whiskey sours and something else called screwdrivers. My mommeh said she felt better after having some, but she did not give me any, which I did not think was nice or fair, don't you guys agree?

When my mommeh took me to Mama's house, she put me in a carrier. Oh for shame! She knows how much I loathe and despise carriers. I would much rather be on my leash and harness, and sit on her lap for the ride. But she said she had so much stuff to think about and carry, that she could not be bothered to worry about me jumping around. Jumping around? Hmph. She is obviously not aware of what a dignified ladycat I am. I can not believe what I was made to suffer for that thirty-five minute drive. Here I am, being absolutely TORTURED!
















I even pooped on the soft blanket my mommeh had put in there for me. You know, we kittehs have to show our displeasure and our disdain somehow! She was not happeh with me after I did that, but I was not happy with her AT ALL, so we were even. She was forced to stop the car and clean up on the side of the road, mwahahaha! Anyway, once we got back from our "vacation" at Mama's, my mommeh decided it might be a good idea to see if I could get to hate carriers less. So she leaves the carrier out now, in our room, so I can get used to it. So far it is not as evil as I had thought. I jump in it, sit in it, headbutt it, and even rescue my mousie from inside it.



















So yes, friends, it has been a rough time over at AttieCattie's! But me and mommeh have toughed it out, and now the powers are finally back on and we are happeh to be home again. The first thing we did was make pasta and watch the Simpsons. I love it when my mommeh makes
the pastas - as you can see I am extremely helpful. And I like the Simpsons. My mommeh lets me sit on top of her Mac Mini computer when we watch the Simpsons.










Thank you so much to all my friends who came by to show concern and support while I was gone - it was so sweet of you all to worry! I have lots of work to do now, going around to everyone's bloggies and trying to catch up. It might take me furrever. Oh and if anybuddy has time, go over to Daisy and Harley's. They have pictures up today of the presents me and my mommeh sent them a few weeks ago, as thank-yous, cause they were so helpful in showing us how to get this blog thing started up! They gave us tips and advice, and showed us the Cat Blogosphere, and Daisy even repurrted my new bloggie as a news bulletin on the CB! And Harley... well... ::furblush:: You know. Heehee. So I told my mommeh what I wanted to do, and she said yes, and helped me custom order hand-made catnip fortune cookies for Daisy and Harley, with real fortunes! I am verreh glad my friends like their presents.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Attie, I was very worried about you, and I am so glad that you have powers again and you are back home! Even though it sounds like your grammie's place was very cool.

    ps: we are still playing with our fabulous fortune cookies! Harley says his fortune gave him good luck!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Attie! We came over from Daisy & Harley's.
    WOW are you are beautiful kitty!!
    We've been reading your last couple posts and you sure do have an exciting life with traveling, cooking, and that whole power outage thingy!
    We are 3 kittehs in Minnesota and have been blogging for almost 5 years. Come see us anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attie, we're so glad you and your mom are home again, safe and sound, and that you finally have electricity! Our human thinks she's love your great-gramma, what with those whiskey sours and screwdrivers. Yay, Grandma!

    And we see you've overcome your distaste/fear of the carrier! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attie, it is nice to meet you! We popped over from Daisy's blog today. There are two bengals in our house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Attie - we are so glad your power is back on and that you had somewhere wonderful to go while you had no power! Mama sounds awesome - it had to have been fun to spend time with her! We kept stopping by to see if you had just not popped up in our reader, but we knew that if you didn't have the electric it would be hard to post - and then you would need to catch up at your house for a few days. We hope that you didn't loose too much from your fridge and freezer - I rembember how mad our mom was last year when our power was out and everything went bad.

    And that is great that you were playing with the carrier - we do that too, but we still hate it when our mom puts us in there because we know we are going to the vet - but we might like it if we got to go neat sounding places like you did!

    And it is so funny - we biggified the picture of you watching the simpsons - our mom totally knew what episode that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Attie, so glad to meet you! (Ty) I am part Bengal and have Mommy wrapped around my paws.....love your collar! We don't wear collars because of the spiral stairs in our house.....Mom is thinking of micro chips. Our spoo(standard poodle) pup, ICE is getting one when he is altered in a few days. We had very bad weather also but our 'lectric finally came back. We love those cookies you sent to Daisy & Harley, we told Mommy we want some for Easter! We are adding you to our blog roll...later=^Y^=Ty & the Cat Street Boyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for 'lectricity! We do not like power failure either, or the evil carrier! We like your soft carrier. Maybe Mom should buy us some!

    Thank goodness Mama was there to recuse you! We are glad you are home again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello beautiful. I came over from Daisy's to say hello..Very pleased to meet you.. You look lovely.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are glad your 'lectricity is back. Mama sounds great, but it is always good to get back home again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least now things can get back to normal, if you remember what normal is these days! We've been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh we're so glad you electricity is back!! And it's okay if you pooped on the blanket in your carrier...I do that too...

    Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you're back home Attie! But, I really need to visit your 91 year old Mama....the thoughts of her making whiskey sours and screwdrivers is a hoot! Sounds like someone I would enjoy meeting. My mommy found out today that her daughter was not cleaning out our box because I poopied on the carpet and sissy peed on the rug. We just hate a messy box. Mommy and daddy had her clean out the entire thing and start us over from fresh. You look great after all the stress you've been through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having the power go away is miserable. We din't have power for 9 days after the 2004 hurricanes...we didn't like it at all. Glad yours is back!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that was quite the adventure you had. I am glad to hear you safely back home-how fun staying with grandma. I like your kitty carrier -of course I like everything pink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't feel bad about your accident in the cage, I used to do the same thing when I had to travel.I think it is the mark of a highly intelligent cat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for the power coming back. Like you, I loath the carrier and either pee or poo in it every time. I run and hide every time it comes out of the closet. Maybe it's a good idea to leave it out altogether so that I can get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your power is back on! That sounds like quite the vacation! The PM said those whiskey sours sounded pretty good!

    I hear ya on the carrier issue. I pooped in it the last two times I was in it too. Not fun.

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  18. You poor darling! How can it be possible for power to be out for so long in this day and age? We're glad you could go to your great-grandmother's!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*