attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scary Stormy Saturday!

Well today is not a great Caturday! We have crazy stormies here on Long Island. The wind is so strong that I will admit I am actually afraid of all the noise, and I refuse to come out from under my mommeh's bathrobe - and since she is wearing the bathrobe, I am making her sit here at the computer with me while I blog. (Obviously now I have to forgive her for her transgressions...)

I was afraid I might not be able to blog at all today. Do you know why? All the powers went out! It was a little scary but my mommeh was right here the whole time so I was okay. She says the trees are getting blown around so much that they are knocking into the power lines. She tried to take a video but the rains kept getting into the camera and the wind was so loud that it made a growling noise on the video. So here is one of me instead, looking out the door. Normally I am fearless, but for some reason these weathers are making me a little nervous today.
video

And here I am, HISSING at a tree branch that fell down and banged into the side of the house. My mommeh says I scared her, because I never ever hiss at all, not even when that stupid outsidey cat named Booger got into the house by accident and tried to eat my foods. I did wap him in the face a whole lot and made him get away from my bowl, but I never hiss because it is simply not ladylike, and I try to be a ladycat.
See my archy back and my hissy face? I put my paw out, ready to wap, and spread my wiskies! I calmed down in a minute when my mommeh explained to me what happened, but still it's good to know I could be a pretty fierce ladycat if I ever needed to.

15 comments:

  1. Poor Attie Cattie! I don't blame you for being hissy -- it's a very defensive thing to do, and you were under attack by the big storm, and the high winds, and the tree branch trying to crash your place! No wonder!

    Good for you, though, you did a great job of defending your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Attie, we hope you both stay safe and that your electricity stays on. We're not bothered by storms, but our human certain is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure glad you are okay and the storm didn't hurt you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Attie! Glad your Mom is there with you. We have a cat blogging friend who lives on Long Guyland. (hee hee) His name is Jeter Harris. You should look him up sometimes. Hope your weather gets better soon, that is a very big storm you are having there on the East Coast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Attie! We hope those storms have stopped now! We have rain and wind today too...but no storms. We don't like storms either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't blame you for hissing. We would hiss too if a branch tried to come in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo...we don't like storms either! We hide in the bedroom closet when they come. And when the wind comes we run around acting crazy! And I'm a fierce brave lady-cat!

    ~Persephone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had such a bad weather day. Hope you get sunshine and warm weathers soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh noes, storms are No Good! Stay safe Attie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!! I would have been hiding in the closet or somewhere...I am so impressed that you attacked that storm. I hope you scared it away. Bad storm! Bad storm!! I think you are now my bestest hero and you are such a pretty lady-cat.... (Tiny isn't a ladycat...she hisses at me all the time!!)

    Purrs, Lautrec (weezdabadcats)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have been reading about the terrible storms on the East Coast and all the people who have lost power. We are glad you're safe, Attie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attie, I would have been too scairted to even look out the door! You are very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're afraid of storms too! We hope we don't get any hurricanes this year! That bad cat Booger deserved to get a royal hiss. The nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the winds have calmed down.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*