attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Still Stormy Sunday (posted on Monday due to power outage!)

Well let me tell you guys, I am lucky I got to my bloggie yesterday when I did. As soon as I finished my post, the powers went back out again! And they stayed out until this morning. And so far, as I have been working on this post, the powers have gone out again four times! My computer keeps getting flashed off, and all the lights go all blinky, and it looks like a creepy haunty house in here. My mommeh has had to restart my computer every time, and then I begin this post over and over again! And she keeps grumbling about the computer getting hurt or a fire getting started, what with all the the flashy lights and electricity shocks that keep happening. I am not too worried though, because as you all saw from yesterday, I am a pretty fierce ladycat and I believe I could handle anything.

So let me tell you about this crazy storm! The rain and the boomies kept going all through the night, with a giant flash here and there - it was like my mommeh's flashybox that she uses on me, but HUGE! My mommeh lit lots of candles and I helped.
She said it would have been romantic if she weren't so bored. I do not understand how she could have been bored - I was doing my verreh best to be good company - but she kept complaining about boyfriend company instead, and whining that she couldn't even watch a movie. I guess some people are just hard to please.

This is me wearing my special pink harness. My mommeh helped me put it on last night. She was in a panic that we might have to leave the house. Do you know why? Because of the fires! That's right - there were electrical fires in our neighborhood last night because of the trees hitting the power lines. My mommeh said she just wanted to be prepared in case we had a fire start and we had to go. She was verreh nervous, watching the fire trucks go screaming down our street to the rescue. She unplugged all the lights and electronics and appliances, to try to avoid a power surge she said, just in case.
I thought she was being a little dramatic - but I guess I can not blame her for wanting to be cautious when it comes to protecting a princess like myself. As you can see, I do not mind wearing the harness anyway, because I can still do a good kittehstretch with it on. I was sitting in the window for quite a while this morning, surveying the damage and waiting for the powers to come back on. Look at this, lots of little pieces of roof flew off!
Well I better get off the computer - everything is still all flashy and my mommeh is still going on and on about power surges. So I am getting back in the window. My mommeh said she could not get a good picture of it, but there is a huge flood in the street, and the rain is still just pouring down and down and down... So I will keep an eye on that and be sure the floodies do not decide to come up to the house!

14 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely terrible. We're glad you're safe!

    Keep those flood waters away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does sound like a very scairty time you had! Attie, you look pretty in your pink harness. I am glad you did not have to evacuate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Sounds like a furry skeery storm! So glad to hear it's over now and you didn't have to leave your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Attie

    I thought about you last night because we had a big storm here, too! Yep! It was really windy and dark then there was flashing light and booming noise outside...very scarey!! Then it started to rain...or so I thought, but it wasn't rain...it was SNOW!!! When I saw white stuff coming down in the flashy light, I ran and got in my bed. I don't like that at all.

    You are very brave and I admire you. Maybe you could teach me how to be so brave?

    Purrs,
    Lautrec (Weezdabadcats)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a nasty storm. Our human would have everything unplugged too, just in case of power surges. We're glad you both are safe and that things seem to be up and running today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meowwww Attie! We didn't have anything like that storm here in the South. I hope you have a relaxing, lay around and sleep day to rest from all of that craziness. I'm watching the birds at my birdfeeder that my mommy put up for me and my sister. It's on our deck so we can be very close to the birdies when they eat. We get so excited we lose our voice when we try to meow at them. By the way, the pink harness is the cat's meow! My mommy never lets us go outside. She bought a huge kennel that she transports us around in. Have a calm day! ~Lily Belle and Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I sure am glad y'all are okay, sure sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that sounds like a pretty fierce storm! glad to hear your doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! That was some storm you had. We are glad you and your Mom are safe. Hopefully by today it has blown away and you will get some sunshine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds pretty scarey with fire trucks going by. I think your mommy was smart to have you prepared to go in an emergency. I'm glad all is okay!
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness!! We had some storms this weekend, but nothing like you have! Stay safe and we hope your power comes back on soon and stays on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're glad you're safe and that was very, very wise of your Mom to be ready in case she had to grab you and run!! Our grampa lives in northern NJ (Paramus) and he was without power for 2 days with lots of water all around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big stretch for Attie girl-I cannot believe that you still do not have power-you probably do not want to hear about our 87 degree weather this week-thankfully it cooled off-it was too hot at night. I hope your power gets restored soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate it when our power goes off. Those lightening storms are scary. We had one during the night, but our power did not go off so it wasn't too bad. The thunder woke us up from a sound sleep. Better be careful not to knock any of those candles over. Candles make me very nervous so I seldom use them. I prefer flashlights when the power goes off.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*