attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thinky Thursday

Sigh. Look at that. Such an attractive ladycat, such an unattractive ceiling. I think we have broached this subject on the bloggie before - my mommeh does not like me up on top of the cabinets like this. The reason is because of the lights up there. They are not quite finished, and verreh open, and my mommeh is afraid I will get burned or shocked one of these days. So far though, she can not find a way to stop me from getting up here. She has tried a million different things, but I always find a way to get around her scoldings and blockades, because I realleh love it up here. It is warm and quiet, and high enough for me to see everything that goes on. The problem is that we live in an apartment, meaning this kind of work is up to the landlord. My mommeh has been after him to fix the lights since we moved in, but that was about a year and a half ago, so it will probably never get done. So she says she is thinking about just going ahead and doing it herself, and maybe taking the cost of it out of the rent. I think that may be a good idea, mommeh. We have been hearing good things about this recessed lighting site lately, and most of the kits we are looking at do not cost too many green papers, so maybe we will get around to making this a project of ours soon! It would be fun to see me in a construction hat, wouldn't it? And maybe I will get Baby Audrey a tool belt...

(Sorreh for another short post, and no Culinary Thursday again today, but my mommeh has still got the sickies so I am spending more time taking care of her and less time on the bloggie this week.)

20 comments:

  1. Ooo, those look like nice lights! And we'd sure like photos of you in a construction hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go on top of the cabinets, too! We are lucky I guess that our lights are not near there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Attie, #1 keeps yanking me away from under the spotlight over our sink. Sigh........

    Purrs,
    Bibi-Chan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you can jump that high! Wow! I can hardly jump onto my Mom's lap...I'm just not much of a jumpin' cat, but Tiny, well, she could probably get up there next to you. I wish I could do that, but I guess I have other talents!! I would probably put my paw in that hole in the ceiling right away!! Please keep your paw away from it though...must not worry Mom. Purrs, Lautrec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats go where they want to go! It's how they roll :).
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very skilled climber Attie. It looks like a great place to hang out.
    We hopes your mommeh gets better really soon!
    (Tell Baby Audrey to has fun drinking from her cups!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We climb and jump on everything too - it's such fun and we ignore all the moans and groans about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I jump to the top of the fridge and then onto the top of the cabinet too. My Mom tells me not to but I ignore her. On my way down, I always knock two or three boxes of cereal off the top of the refrigerator, just to keep Mom on her toes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a fun place to be Attie. We live in an apartment too, and Meowm has also taken to doing a few things around it herself, but she does these things because she doesn't like the maintenance guys coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have a great spot up there and you look like you are seriously on watch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Attie - fank you for answering mine questions! those were all great answers and now I unnerstands things more! - Nicky Meezer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attie that does look like a nice place to survey everything from, we understand why you like it so much.

    That is not good that the landlord will not fix your light. We hope your Mom can get it all fixed up right.

    purrs
    >^,,^<
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Attie,
    You get up on those cupboards all you want. It's a Cat thing and there's NO WAY you should have to stop! Shame on your Mommy's landlord for being such a lazy schmuck.
    Take care of your Mommy. Remember that Cat Spit has magical curative powers so make sure to lick & drink out of her cup. Oh, and chew her toothbrush, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Attie, we think that your mom is a bit overprotective but can understand why. Our mom's kitty who came before us, Putter, used to climb up into the drop ceiling where there were lights - she was always ok but mom did worry about her (mom was a little girl then - her mom said that Putter would be fine and she was). We think you probably won't get burned but if it is all open the electric could be an issue. We think think that it should be fixed but tell your mom not to fix it and deduct the cost without talking to the landlord and getting it ok'd to do in writing - our mom's friend learned that does not work, and learned it the hard way. We can't believe he hasn't done it himself! She could always try covering the light part somehow in the meantime (though we aren't really sure how) so you don't accidently bump into it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's terrible that the landlord will not fix something that is so potentially dangerous. At least Attie seems to know to be careful, but I'd hate to see little Audrey up there, toolbelt or not!

    By the way, Audrey's on the LOLSpot again.

    Hope you're feeling better right quick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a good place to snoopervise from,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! You look so lovely up there! We are sorry that your maintenance man isn't being cooperative! ARGH!!!

    Thank you for reminding Mommy to tell everyone that the blankie Seaborne is on was made by Peggy!!!

    Love, uSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  18. wish we could get up there. Mom's just jealous she can't get up to the look out tower.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun Attie! We don't get on top of the cabinets near the ceiling, but our mommy's other kitty, Molly, who's in kitty heaven used to get up there all the time. She had quite a leap!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our Percy would find a way up there too, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*