attiecattieblog@gmail.com

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mommeh... Are you KIDDING me?!

I can not believe this. I realleh can not. I has not even had the chance to write Mama's House and The Hots Part 2 yet! You guys, I honestly think my mommeh is losing it. The stress of working, packing, and nursing must be getting to her. There is no other reason for this completely insane behavior. No excuse whatsoever. I am shocked to my verreh core, and you will be too when you see what I have to show you today. On Friday night, she came home wif a box... (You all remember what happened last time she came home wif a box!) Well look what was in it when she opened it up this time:
I bet kittehs in China could hear me gasp, "Mommeh, what the heck is that?!" as I jumped to hide behind her. She says it is a "bun." It does not look like a bun to me at all. Buns come out of the oven and I eats them on my mommeh's lap wif butter, but she says I would be in be troubles if I tried that wif this kind of bun. Apparently, it is an English Angora bun. I guess that is a delicacy.

Our first meeting wif the delicacy went as follows:


Basically, we did that for about an hour. After that, I lost interest in it because I knew I was safe. My mommeh must keeps it in that special box so it can not hurt me. (But I do not know why she insists on bringing this obviously dangerous creature into the house to begin wif!) Anyway, as I said, I pretteh much has no interest in the delicacy unless it is out of its box. When my mommeh lets it roam around then I become a little concerned for the welfare of BA and myself, and I hiss at it a bit to warn it... But I am not aggressive toward it, because I am more scared than anything, and I just give a quick hiss and run away, and then I hide and peek and watch it. Don't you guys go telling everybuddy I'm scared of this thing. It is embarrassing, because you know I am normally such a fierce and brave ladycat, but for whatever reason, this delicacy spooks me and I'm compelled to run the other way!

Baby Audrey, on the other hand... She is far from frightened. In fact, she tells me she LIKES the delicacy. I asked her if she intends to eat it, but she says she does not. She seems to enjoy its company. She walks around with it when it comes out, sits in the special box with it when it is in there, and has been lying next to its box at night for sleeps! ...I will tell you I am slightly offended by that.

Mercifully, mommeh took the delicacy wif her when she went to Mama's house to play nursie yesterday. I think BA kind of missed it, but I did not. In any case, Mama apparently gotted a kick out of it. She enjoys the company of the delicacy as well, and my mommeh says he could turn into a Therapy Bun. (Does that mean it is an even rarer delicacy than I thoughted?)


As you can see, Mama thought it was great funs, and even shared some of her sweetie 'tatoes wif it. I suppose if it makes Mama happeh it can not be all bad, but... *sigh* ...it is just one more thing I will has to get used to. If you ask me, my mommeh has been putting an awful lot of pressure on me in that department!

48 comments:

  1. Our momma is squeeing big time over the bun!!! She says it is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Attie! Our daddy brought home a ferret 2 weeks ago. He stinks and we are not so very happy about him. Lily Belle likes him, but I (Daisy Mae) do not. Yuck! Why would any self-respecting kitty allow a ferret to lay on her belly?! At least your own bunny wouldn't smell so bad. Is this little creature smart enough to potty train like a kitty? The ferret is definitely not even though daddy is doing everything he's supposed to do to train him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sure is a cutie! Hey, y'all can do the bunny hop for real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!!!! Never in a million years would we have guessed your mom would get a rabbit! And such a gorgeous one too. We wonder what HE thinks of you both! What's his name, by the way? He really does have gorgeous ears, quite spectacular. It's kind of neat to see that Audrey has made friends; maybe in time you will too, Attie. But you are right, your mom IS expecting you to adjust to a lot these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Attie he is adorable and his ears are so cute. What is the rabbit's name has your mom decided yet? Baby Audrey seems to like him so he can't be all bad - maybe you'll grow to like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, he's a floofy bun.
    Looks like him might be fun to chase???
    Keep us posted.
    Love & Purrs,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have your own pet. How fun is that. It's a cutie pie, love the ears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMC the Easter bunny lives right in your house. It is so cute. Too bad buns are at the bottom of the food chain. I think BA has dibs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow a Bun! What a cutie it is. We wouldn't have guessed it was real it is so cute - and so BIG too! We can see why you would be nervous with it Attie - we think that BA is just brave because she is young and doesn't know better. But boy, that is a lot of stuff to get used to, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've never seen one of those so up close before! And the ones we see outside in our yard aren't nearly as cute as that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bun is so cute! Mom thought it was a stuffie until she saw the video!!



    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man attie tygana here I know just what you mean before pepper my momma kept these lil things she called hamstars i didnt care if they were in the box but one night one got out...while i was napping. I swear it was gonna eat me....just watch your back is all im saying

    ReplyDelete
  13. We thought you were going to say another kitten, but a bun? We don't have a bun. You're so lucky to have one so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We aren't sure...on the one hand, Baby Audrey is right to accept that bun (besides, her black fur looks really cool next to his white fur), but on the other hand, he is a sort of Trooder and lately, we aren't so big on Trooders. But, he does look like a nice Trooder and not a mean one so maybe Attie - my love - you should try to be more like BA...afterall, Bun is rather cute and funny...or are you worried that Bun won't like you? Don't worry, I will always love you. Purrs, your mancat friend, Lautrec

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH HOW CUTE!!! That is an adorable bun! Mommy is going crazy! Sorry Attie, but we think the bun is cute too! Audrey obviously loves him/her....what is the bun's name??? Attie...you will love the bun too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable bunny! Does it have a name or are you just calling it "Bun"? That would keep Attie rather confused wouldn't it?

    Audrey is such a little sweetie to want to keep the new little one company like that.

    I hope they can all be good friends in the near future. Attie seems to be the only holdout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Attie, after Mommy gets done squeeing maybe can say something sensible.

    There. oops, there she goes again! Sorry.

    At least it eats veggies, and NOT Cat food.


    You have to post again and soon! We need more bun info!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute bunny!!...Does it have a name and are you guys keeping it?...BA is adorable hanging out with the bunny; Attie seems a little confused about what it is!!...Hope they will all be great friends soon...Happy week friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Attie, I am SO sorry for your predicament. A bun you canNOT eat! What is it with these moms? I think they've all fallen off their nuts. ::shakes head::

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Smokes Mewowm quit squealing!!!!!!

    Okay, now that our ears have returned to somewhat normal.....HAVE YOU REALLY LOOKED AT THE FLOOF ON THOSE EARS!! Sorry about the yelling, but dang, look at that floof!! We have to admit, those ears are very cute, and he seems to have a bit of a moustache!

    Well, we probably wouldn't like that delicacy in our house either, but we hope you learn to get along with him...errr her? It?

    ReplyDelete
  21. When my human brother was in nursery school, the family got to host the Rabbit for a week of Spring Vacation. I was not even thought of yet, but the cats they did have then were very bothered by its smell, and growled and wouldn't go into the room. So it is nice you and Audrey feel a little more accepting than that!

    The floofiness of the bun is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We likes your new bun!! We would love to have such a delicacy at our house, but it would have to be a bit bigger if it wanted to last very long around Stretch!!

    Can't wait to see more kitty/bun interaction!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable BUN! Wow we have never seen an angora bunny before. Attie you have a new fuzzy in the house. Audrey we think you've already made new furfriends! We can't wait to see more of the 'bun'!

    purrin
    xo
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thats adorable. We think that white thing is a moving stuffie.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMC! That thing doesn't even look real! It looks like one of those dumb plush things my human has a bunch of, except it MOVES! I think it's a little bit creepy, Attie - I don't blame you for being scared of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowee, you furry own bun to play with. I love the floofy ears!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Bast, what IS that thing? And those EARS??

    I think it's an alien, yes I do.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can we touch it?? Purrrrrrrr......

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well... on the plus side, the bun won't steal any of your noms...

    ReplyDelete
  30. WHOA! That thingie is very cute! It has lots of fuzzy hairs, too. Is it bigger than you!?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is a pretty cute bun, Attie. It looks so big with all those floofy furs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww!! BA seems to hit off with the Bun righ away (like me with our buns). Has your mom thought up a name for your bun?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Attie, we'd be scared if a bun showed up at our house, too!! Our Mom thinks it's really cute, but we think we'd hiss at it - heck, we still hiss at Simon!!

    Have a great day!!

    ~Nico, Simon & JayJay :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Baby Audrey does seem to like the bun! How awesome! And it does look like a Muppet! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Passing through from the blog hop. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a cutie! That looks like the best kitteh toy EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a cute little bun!!!!!!! Mom obviously loves it...hope you get to be friends with the bun. Looks like BA likes it already!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just couldn't resist! Bun is a LOL-Rabbit, go check it out on the LOLSpot. Audrey's there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh what an interesting thing to have in your house! A delicacy in a cage! Is your mom trying to fatten it up for thanksgiving?
    We has 3 guinea pigs, but they were here before we came, and we really don't see them as prey since when mom puts them out to run they show no fear of us and even come and try to nibble our tails!! Then it's we who run! All they do is eat kibble and timothy hay & veggies so they are pretty harmless. Except they DO make A LOT of poopie pellets!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so sweet-I love the hissing, looking and running away.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Attie,

    I agree with BA - don't eat the 'delicacy'!
    You may end up with a huge furball!!! Not too good for our digestive system!

    Love, Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awww! We love your blog...first time stopping by. Found you through the blog hop. Would love to have you join Pet Blogger Support! Pet bloggers rock. http://www.tppc.tv/blog2/?page_id=219

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMC! That bun is so floofy it does not even look real!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my that bunny is really really cute.
    at first it looked like it was a stuffed bunny and then I saw it was real!!

    bonks to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jeepers!!!!!!!!!
    Your Mom is full of surprises!! That is one fuzzy bunny,heehee
    BA is certainly taken with it too :o
    THat will make things around your place exciting! heehee
    Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a mew at the beep! *beeeeeeep*